Saturday, June 1, 2013

Children's Day

I remember Uncle Hồ- our respectable President used to say:
 "Children are like sprouts on the boughs
 Learning to eat well and sleep tight and study hard, that' s all needed." (my bad, I'm not sure I did translate 2 sentences in the right way, but I've tried my best, sorry Uncle.)

Why do I mention this? Because today is International Children's Day June-1st. Congratulations for children all over the world. May all of you live in loving, caring, sharing and become good people. And you'll make the world be a better place with no wars, no nuclear weapons, no environment pollution. Will you help us- children? But at first I'll borrow your smiles and cute faces to blow away all the worries in my mind:

playing with us
Cool summer
Sleep like an angel

 Smiley time!


 Windy season is the best for flying kite.





 I wish I could laugh without any worry in my heart like children.
 
But in this day, please don't forget about the other part of the world, where children had to suffer, because of wars, diseases, loss, poorness, hunger, abuse, and death:

2 sister and brother have been abused by their own father for 3 years in China










 When our children can go to Disneyland, these ones have to work real hard or they won't have money for living.






Do your child have to cry or run away because bombs, guns, cannons,...?Children in Iraq do have to.










You're pregnant, you want your baby to look like whom? Like mommy or daddy? And in the future, they'll become a doctor or a singer, actress, scientist? Whatever they do, you just want them to be happy, right? But look at the picture, will these Vietnam children have future? Will they become complete persons? Normal persons? They're incomplete just because of somebody's cruel ambitions: Agent Orange!




War can do nothing but hurting people more and more. My Lai Massacre-a pain that can not heal in our memory. They were not soldiers, they are just normal villagers. But why? These children, they're too small to know what was war about. Look deeper and count, how many innocent people and children in there?







And hunger? While we have to force our children to eat something they don't like, in Somali or other poor Africa countries, those little ones have no choice. They eat whatever they think they could until God take them away from this Earth. A helping hand is not enough for them.


















I hope that someday, children all over the world will have the same privileges: being loved. And can always have a smile even in there dreams.

Children make the world of tomorrow




JennLe

No comments:

Post a Comment