Sunday, May 26, 2013

Nguyễn Ngọc Ký- A Respecful Teacher Of Vietnam.

In my schoolbook when I was at primary school, I've read about teacher Nguyễn Ngọc Ký. At that time, I thought that he has passed away, until when I've grown up, I know that he's alive. And just that, I suddenly feel so happy and lucky. Why? For a long time before I didn't know why. Then, when Nick Vujicic came to Vietnam, I got the reason. He has reminded me of the inspired image of a great teacher in my heart since I was little.

Teacher Nguyễn Ngọc Ký has been born as a normal child, but by the age of 4, his arms are paralyzed. He could no longer use his hands anymore. But he didn't give up. He loved studying so much that he'd tried his best to use his feet to practice to write since he was 7. All his dream was to go to school like a normal person, and because that was a very hard time of Vietnam, the war hasn't been end yet, so we have had no policies to support those disabled persons like teacher Ký. And that means, if you are handicapped, you'd have no future. But he didn't surrender, his desire of studying was so strong that could have beaten off all difficulties ahead. And he had succeeded, he'd become the most wonderful teacher just with his two feet. He has been inspiring for so many generations of students and now at the age of 68, he still does it. And the reason I feel so thankful when he's alive is that I can believe in life whenever I listen to him, I can see how magical a man could be if he never gives up. So, I'd not give up either. He's my hero. Here are some of his images:





God bless you to have strength always.

No comments:

Post a Comment